Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline number was changed 11 days ago to someone elses.

srphone
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

On 20th January my landline suddenly changed number. if it is used to call someone this different number appears on their display. Calls to my number go to voicemail which I can't now access. The woman whose number it is has contacted me by calling her number from her mobile and says she switched provider to BT on 20th January. We have both been trying to sort this out since then. I have called talktalk several times and also spoken on chat 4 times (after trying to get onto chat all day yesterday when I finally got on I was told that Openreach had closed so no update ) but this is still not resolved. I've had no landline now for 11 days.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @srphone

Sorry that you had problems, I have checked the engineer report who confirmed that it was a crossed line, probably caused when the BT customer went live, the engineer has mis-jumpered the line at the exchange. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, I will add a credit to your account for the problems you encountered. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi

Thanks for replying but I had a call about an hour ago to say that my landline is restored. It's taken 2 weeks to be sorted out.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Presumably the phone number in your profile information is the one that goes with your account (normally) @srphone?

Please add the strange number to the Private Notes section of Personal Information. You'll be able to check what it is by dialling 17070 and see what number is read back to you. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. Private Notes is at the very end of that. Save changes. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. It can take a couple of days for staff to reach new threads. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.