Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO incoming calls

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 35 of 35

OK I have reported this online, but they wanted me to call the support on my mobile, which I tried and gave up after waiting forever!!!

So I am trying here.

My line is NOT ACCEPTING calls. I tried to make an outgoing call to my mobile but it says it is barred even though I have unbarred it on my account.

I am NOT in arrears.

I have missed TWO important calls today from my doctor already

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi

OK, I've asked our network teams to look at the call routing to see if they can see anything.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 35

It seems to be accepting calls now. Am expecting a couple of calls this morning so will see if they get through.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi

Sorry, did you say all calls are connecting now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 35

Update. Seems to be working this morning.

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 35

OK so engineer appeared. Didn't come inside.

Message from you @16:11  "Our engineer has resolved the service issue. We're very sorry you've had a problem with your broadband service. An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust."

Well NO it still isn't accepting calls. I demonstrated to him that it wasn't. 

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 35

Thanks, pass on my mobile number, as ringing the LL probably will not work 😉

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi

I've an engineer booked for Wednesday 11th PM (1-6).

I've added instruction to the booking for the engineer, lets see what his findings are before we take this back to networks.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 35

Like I said in the 1st post, I thought it was ALL numbers that couldn't get through.

The doctor (whitelisited) couldn't get through, and the UC call couldn't get through both on the same morning. 

The only call that has made it though was the nurse on the 27th (straight through) and 4th (via callsafe), our family cannot call us other than on the mobile.

2 different mobile providers cannot connect

As I said I don't believe it is on my side. The fact that a voip call says No Route suggest that your system is not advertising my line as a valid one.

Just checked the outgoing to my mobile and it is calling out fine. (removed the block)

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Hi,

It's an unusual fault because if it was a line/openreach fault I would imagine that all inbound calls would fail to get through, however if certain numbers can get through then it suggests a possible call routing issue affecting certain numbers/areas/providers or that certain numbers are blocked getting through. 

Is it just your mobile that can't get through? Can other landlines/mobiles get through ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 35

OK removed callsafe same result from the 2 mobile numbers a hangup on dialling

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 35

I have already called 17070 from a previous suggestion, it returns my full number correctly.

I have already once had to re-setup callsafe and have several withheld numbers in it which will NOT reset.

But to prove the point I will shut it down.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Hi,

Would it be possible to test switching CallSafe off for a short period (in your My Account) just so you can try making some inbound test calls to rule this out? Once testing has been completed then you can switch this back on again in your My Account. If you have numbers added to the approved list then you would need to make a note of any numbers already saved as they would need to be manually added again as when CallSafe is switched off then it will lose any numbers which have been saved.

If you dial 17070 from your home phone does it read back the correct number (please do not post any personal information on the Community) I've just re-run both line tests now and they are still clear with no faults found.

If the inbound call issue is still happening then everything has been ruled out.

Thanks

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 35

As far as I am aware I have NO barred callers. Yep "You have no blocked numbers."

But how did the one caller get through via callsafe if it was blocking everything? They got thorough on 2 different numbers, the first they left a VM, so got past callsafe, and the 2nd went via callsafe asking me to allow it.

The simple fact the ONE person can get through and I have no noise on my line suggest to me that the fault lies out side my property and with YOUR system. However I cannot allow the chance of a £65 bill being added to my account as this would leave me food less for the month,

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi,

Do you have many numbers blocked using CallSafe? The reason I ask is because I was going to suggest temporarily switching off CallSafe in your My Account to see if this has any effect, however this would lose any numbers you have already added/saved/blocked?

Thanks

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 35

I have callsafe only.

I have called from 2 different mobiles both same result hang up no ringing.

One of them is on the approved list.

The person that called was NOT on the approved list and it came through as a callsafe call.

The doctors surgery is on the approved list and cannot get through.

"If the phone doesn't ring and you pick up the handset does then call then connect?"

I don't understand this? How can I know if it is ringing or do you mean via the mobile. When I call via the mobile it has hung up immediately. there are no messages just a  return to the dialer.

As I said I cannot accept any costs as I can't afford to pay any more, the UC barely covers food as it is.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Hello,

Unfortunately we can only arrange an engineer visit once possible time related engineer charges are accepted. I've just read back through your thread and I can see that you've mentioned that one particular number can get through ok and others can't. Do you have CallSafe or Last caller barring set up? If you make some test calls from your mobile do any of them ring or do you hear any particular error messages? If the phone doesn't ring and you pick up the handset does then call then connect?

Thanks

0 Likes

HairyMcbiker
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 35

Wed - Fri all day.

Yes I have a dial tone, can dial out fine. 2 different phones tested.

I cannot accept any charges, we are on UC and don't have any money

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Hi,

Ok please can you provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we will book the next available visit. Can you also confirm acceptance of possible time related charges if the engineer is unable to replicate the fault or locates the fault to your own equipment. If the fault is found to be on Openreach maintained equipment then charges would not apply.

Can I also just confirm, you do have a dial tone but no calls are able to get through with 2 different phones connected at the test socket? Outbound calls are fine?

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Fine book an engineer, but I doubt they will find anything here.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hello,

I'm really sorry that you didn't receive an update back on this. I checked with my colleague and they have advised that they were told to book a line engineer. I've re-run the line test now which is clear. If all testing has been completed then I think we should arrange an engineer visit to the property to investigate further. Would you like to go ahead with this?

Thanks

0 Likes