Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract but phone number agreed on not included

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 25 of 25

So after talking to live chat this morning about the existing telephone number supposed to be kept, I was told to ring the moving team, I did and they said they needed permission from the previous account holder to release the original number {we would both have to be on the phone at the same time}. I found this strange as this was all agreed when taking out a new contract. anyway, I call him and ask him to ring talktalk moving team, to which he's told {as we both cant be on the phone at the same time} that he needs the exact date and time the new contract was taken out {around 3 weeks prior} that the telephone number was released the day before but without an order from the new account it couldn't happen..
I then ring back up to explain all this and find out what's going on as it now turns out it was released the day before and was supposed to be done in the first place..

To then be told "Oh it's too late now".

Please help, what is going on Talktalk?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Sorry, ignore it.   We are looking to why this is happening. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk

Just got another asking for a set top box.. I've never had one, ever. 

Screenshot_20210510-121206_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

@Carcass there is a note on the account from the warehouse stating router has been received. You can ignore the emails. 

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

@Arne-TalkTalk still getting the emails about equipment? (see picture) 

Screenshot_20210507-180620_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25
0 Likes

Message 6 of 25
Hi Arne, yes all working now, thank you so much.. The community seems so much better than calling

Message 7 of 25

@QotsaLottie   the renumber has now been completed can you verify by calling 17070 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

The is no indication on the account that charges are pending for equipment, im sure the warehouse have received it. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25
@Arne, damn.. no, just read the letter, put everything in the blue bag and stuck the sticker on.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 25
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25
Arne just a side note but could I confirm that you (talk talk) got the 3 routers I sent back? As I keep getting emails to send them back.
Many thanks
0 Likes

Message 12 of 25
Hi Arne, yes! that would be great, thank you
0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi @QotsaLottie 

It looks like we can do the renumber, I've been advised the line may be down for upto 24 hours while the switch are you OK with me starting the process? 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Thanks @QotsaLottie @Carcass

Let me see if its possible.  

Will let you know when I get a reply.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Arne, if it's any help, it was my number that was supposed to be kept, details should still be in my profile. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25
Just to add, we did a joint call to talk talk, original owner closed their account because of the price increase mid contract.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 25
Hi Arne, have added the number as second telephone number (I couldn't find private notes) and pm'd you details.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi @QotsaLottie

Its a complication situation. 

Did owner of that line (Telephone B) cancel the line completely, if a cease was placed on that line we would not be able to claim the number while a cease was going through.   A working line take over should have been placed.

Can you add the number to your private notes and I can ask our provisioning team if it possible. Out of interest Is there a specific reason why you would want to keep someone else's number?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi Martin, we did that over the phone (or so I thought) originally, his contact would end on the 30th (with his number being released the day before) and my contract would start the same day.
There was nothing really to change as both accounts are talktalk.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

So old Address (let's call it telephone A)

New address, existing line (telephone B)

New account number (telephone C)

So when moving in was supposed to keep existing number here at the new address (telephone B)

Instead got a new phone number (telephone C) 

0 Likes