Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract but phone number agreed on not included

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 25 of 25

So after talking to live chat this morning about the existing telephone number supposed to be kept, I was told to ring the moving team, I did and they said they needed permission from the previous account holder to release the original number {we would both have to be on the phone at the same time}. I found this strange as this was all agreed when taking out a new contract. anyway, I call him and ask him to ring talktalk moving team, to which he's told {as we both cant be on the phone at the same time} that he needs the exact date and time the new contract was taken out {around 3 weeks prior} that the telephone number was released the day before but without an order from the new account it couldn't happen..
I then ring back up to explain all this and find out what's going on as it now turns out it was released the day before and was supposed to be done in the first place..

To then be told "Oh it's too late now".

Please help, what is going on Talktalk?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25
It was actually keeping the number of place moving into, originally did a joint call with the previous account holder as his contract was coming to an end to discuss moving and a new contract. Was assured it would be kept, only to find it wasn't.

Message 22 of 25

I don't think you can use the Home Move team at all if you are not already the account holder. 

If that is the case, you need to be joining Talktalk as a new customer at the new property.

You'd only be able to use the previous owner's phone number if they are not themselves taking it to their own new address. Complicated for us trying to follow what you are trying to do!

If trying to keep the phone number from the current address and you were not the account holder, both you and the account holder would have had to fill in forms .......

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Change-your-account-details/ta-p/2204661

It's really not clear in your post, @QotsaLottie, what your current situation is. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 25

@QotsaLottie 

If a Home Move is requested, only the owner of that first account can transfer the service to a new address.

I guess you were not the account holder at the first property so it's unlikely you can acquire the number that you were using there.

The "other person" cannot effectively gift you the number.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Staff can't identify your account unless you add your Talktalk number to your community forum profile details, @QotsaLottie.

This would be the number you were trying to keep as it will link to your previous bills and details in My Account.

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Please look out for a reply - it can take a couple of days for staff to reach new threads. They respond Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes