Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Caller Id on Home Phone

Weirdoughnut
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

About 6 months ago I called in to TT because my Caller Display stopped working.

TT Case Reference # REP-10602167

Apparently, it was eventually fixed by resetting & then replacing a card somewhere.

I now have the exactly same problem again – no caller id on my home phone.

Can I get some help please.

Thank you.

We are what we repeatedly do - so do no evil and celebrate your liberty.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

That's great news Weirdoughtnut, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hopefully this problem has now been resolved. It’s been OK for a few days now. Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Weirdoughnut,

Apologies for the delay, I'm chasing this up with our network team, I'll let you know when I receive and update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Please, I have been waiting patiently at my end. It has been over 3 weeks since we last spoke. It was fixed quite quickly the first time it occurred towards the end of last year. At the very least they could simply attempt to repeat the prior successful fix, although I do need a permanent fix. What exactly is the problem with resolving this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

I do have another handset and I have tried both. The problem remains. So for example, I can dial my home number from my mobile and very occasionally it will work but mostly it will not. It’s the same with other people calling in. As I said, there is a history to this – you have the previous TalkTalk Call Reference Number above on this thread. They managed to fix it before and it was working just fine for 6 months, but now it’s right back to not working again. Last time it was not the handsets, it was the line. Also as I say, the handsets are relatively new now, only about 7 months old.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks. If you don't have an alternative handset to test with are you able to test your handset on someone elses line, just to make sure that it's working OK?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Nope. Makes no difference. Just says "Incoming Call".

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Weirdoughnut,

I've made a change so could you please retest and let me know if the issue is now resolved

Chris

0 Likes

Weirdoughnut
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 12

I confirm that CD is still active in the account. I bought brand new premium BT phones six months ago to try to resolve this - so I don't have old equipment. But in the end it was an exchange issue. The reference number I gave you should allow You/TT to call up the history of this problem. It was fixed for 6 months – now the problem back again. I did the main socket test immediately before raising the post – it makes no difference. The problem is not at my end.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, does Caller Display show as active in your My Account? Have you recently tested with a different caller display handset directly at the test socket with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

0 Likes