Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone Since 7th July

PapaRomeo
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Can somebody at TalkTalk please look in to my issue?

I have had no dialling tone on my home phone line since the evening of Wednesday 7th July. The Wi-fi Hub router maintains VDSL sync intermittently, takes ages to acquire sync, and even then only obtains a speed of around 5.5 Mbps down/up (the service previously had no issues maintaining sync at 40 down / 10 up).

I have suspected a Dis or Loop fault somewhere between my house and the cabinet. Yet all of your automated tests show no faults with my line.

Last Friday you arranged for one of your Engineers from your partner Cube (sp?) to come out to me. He arrived yesterday to test my internal wiring. After replacing my functioning (but aging) master socket he gave my internal wiring and setup a clean bill of health. However, he still couldn't get a dial tone on his test handset and so diagnosed an external fault. I was with him when he called you to escalate this to Openreach.

I have since received an SMS from you today to say that the fault is all fixed. Whatever Openreach have told you they have done to fix this has been ineffective. It is clearly not fixed! My phone line is still without a dial tone and the broadband speed, when it's synced, is worse than when I had ADSL!

If you could get an Openreach person to actually come to my house I will show them that it's not working!

Please sort this. It's getting beyond a joke now! 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi PapaRomeo

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

In regards to compensation, more information can be found here About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

0 Likes

PapaRomeo
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Openreach have attended and the fault is all fixed. It was a clean break in the incoming pair at the grey junction box on the wall outside. After fixing: line tests showed good pair quality and VDSL test passed with good sync and no CRC errors.

Why all of TalkTalk's automated tests continually came back showing no fault perhaps needs looking at!

So all in all, I have not had a dial tone from ~22:30 07-Jul-21 to ~08:30 16-Jul-21, that's eight full days before the fault was rectified. I believe I should be in line for some kind of compensation for that. No?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes

PapaRomeo
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

Thank you Debbie. I'll keep you posted.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi PapaRomeo

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 16/07 AM (8am - 1pm) This was the first available appointment.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi PapaRomeo

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear - no faults detected.

If testing has been completed with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes