Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone on Home Telephone - Internet working

Panru
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

There has been no dial tone on my home telephone for 2 weeks, just a white noise. Tested phone and cables, both working, but still no dial tone. This problem occurred last year as well. Please can you help to resolve this issue?

-P
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Panru

If all testing has been completed with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Panru
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 6

Carried out the checks and viewed similar problems logged by the TalkTalk Community and Articles, Still no dial tone on home telephone. Not a handset fault. I need the telephone as well as the broadband working please help me resolve this. Thank you. Kind regards, Panru.

-P
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Panru

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you tested with a different phone directly at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

If you have a  complete loss of service, you should be compensated automatically, but you must report this immediately. 

Phone from a mobile on Saturday:

03451 720046 after 9am. 

Or use Chat.  Hours of availability and the link are on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Forum staff will be back from Monday,  if this needs following up then, but report it as a fault if you have not already done so directly to Talktalk as above, as soon as possible, @Panru.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Panru
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 6

Also, when anyone rings the home telephone number - they hear continuous ringing, the voicemail does not activate and I hear one ring and when I pick up the receiver, there is just white noise.

-P
0 Likes