Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline for over a month...

Felix777
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

As I've had no phone to contact TalkTalk with (I don't use mobiles), this is long overdue. Tested with test socket and I bought a new phone presuming my old was broken. Phoneline is entirely not working, will require an engineer to help as also my internet speed is aweful. As of right now I'm getting 1.25MB/s DL speed using the ookla speedtest provided by TalkTalk. As I have been paying around £30 a month for a package (Fiber35) that gives +30MB/s speeds/TV/mobile/phone and I only use the landline or internet. I feel well and truly ripped off right now getting 2001 internet speeds and a broken phoneline advertised as an 'everything package'.. Please lend me hand, not trying to be hostile just want to show that I'm not happy with my service, haven't been for years. Never had guaranteed internet speeds, always had more then difficult customer service...

'The Biggest Trap, Is Your Own Mind'
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's great news Felix, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Yes internet speed is back, phoneline is fixed. Everythings looking better! Thank you for the help it has been quick and easy! 

Message 3 of 11

Hi Felix777

The fault has now been closed by Openreach as resolved.

Just to confirm, has this fault been fully resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 11

Hi Felix777

I've checked and this fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, no further updates have been provided at the moment.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 11

Hi Felix777

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests have detected a potential fault so I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 11

@Felix777 

Live Chat is available from the link below, make sure ad and banner blockers are off and pop-ups allowed otherwise you will not see the CHAT NOW or CHAT BUSY buttons.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

0 Likes

Felix777
First Timer
Message 7 of 11

So, using my laptop now... Managed to get into service center, ran the live test which requires a mobile phone or contact number... I have no landline and don't use a mobile so that was useless, but did find a fault and confirmed 2mb slow connection. I spotted the live chat tab on the side once on the page but cannot seem to find it again, would love to use this feature but there seems to be no direct link other then that tab which has mysteriously disappeared... hate to say it, I'm leaving my plea for help here... I pressed the help button, it referred me to this community page. This is where I'd like the help from. Thank you!

0 Likes

Felix777
First Timer
Message 8 of 11

Thank you both, I will have a go with the live chat. I only didn't use it before because I'm using my ps4 to browse and it didn't like that page, hopefully it's fine with my laptop. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

@Felix777 This has been flagged to the support team here and they will be happy to look into it for you as soon as they can when they are back online next week. In the meantime it will be quicker to try Live chat as @martswain suggested. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

In the last month have you actually reported the landline fault using Live Chat which is available online every day of the week ?

If not, why not ?

Going to Service Centre and running a check there may get the issue identified and reported automatically.