Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dail tone, unable to contact Talktalk

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 7

I've tried to make a phone call on out talktalk landline but don't get a dialing tone.  Just sounds like when we last made a call the line hasn't droped/been put down correctley by the BT/Openreach system?  I can rub the mic on our phone and hear it though the speaker on our phone but just get silance from other end.  If I try and call our line line it goes to our voicemail as if the line is engaged.

I've tried to get hold of talktalk via online chat and just get message saying it's not available try after 9am.  I can't of course ring talktalk with no phone.  

Looking on the talktalk help i;ve tried all the testing stuff etc, but stil the same.  Unpluging the phone into the test socket

advice please....

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Are you able to track this below?

About your delivery - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk , Just a quick update.

The engineer attended as booked and found that the issue was caused by our recent FTTP install.

The landline phone was plugged into the normal analog phone line system/box.  ( We was advised this was ok by the Openreach engineer who did our FTTP install as we have kept our old router. )  He explained the GO live pack has the EERO router and VOIP to phone line converter.  He has ordered another go-live pack for us and shown us how to install the phone converter box.

He advised it would be two or three days for delivery so we are without a phone until weekend    😭.  Can you advised if the pack has been posted/delivery date?

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks @ferguson , I've just used the live chat and got a hold of TalkTalk.

They have tested line and say we have no issues on our account or line either so it should be working.  We have checked our end an all looks ok and have not changed any connections etc' at this end so all should be working.  They have booked a Brightsparks eng' in to fix the issue for Tue AM.

I'm interested to see what the fault is as everything is reporting/looking ok with the service / issue.

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 7

@ferguson Will the live chat team be able to suport / rasie the fault or do a fix or will I have to await the support team on Monday?

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Sorry to see this. The support team here won't be back online until Monday, live chat will be available tomorrow from 9:00AM.