Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone but internet is fine

Crunchy5
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I no longer have a dial tone so I am unable to make or receive calls. I have a healthy broadband connection so internet is working. I have carried out a test socket test by plugging the phone into the main phone socket but still no dialling tone. Any help would be appreciated as I’ve not been able to speak to anyone at talk talk. Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Crunchy5,

I'm sorry for the delay. The voice line test is now clear. Is the voice service now working ok since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 2 of 4

@Crunchy5  Have you tried using a different phone, eg borrow one from a neighbour, or plugging your phone into a neighbour's line just to check it is not a problem with your phone?  While it is extremely unlikely that your phone has failed it is worth checking just in case.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

If you have a mobile, try to report this fault today, @Crunchy5, by phoning 03451 720046 to start the clock ticking for repairs.

Staff on the forum won't be back before Monday. For them to follow up, ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. This is so staff can identify your account. 

Chat is also available after 9am, any day, from the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.