Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone. caller on the phone when called

alcalavicci
Participant
Message 11 of 11

Hi, my landline has not been working since yesterday morning (18th June). If people call me it is telling them I am using the phone but from my side there is no dial tone or any signs of life at all. I have plugged the phone in to the test socket and taken it to a friends house and the phone is fine. Also my broadband is working ok. I have been on talktalk live chat but they are saying I have to wait until Thursday or Friday for a callback. Anyone got any ideas please?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi, I don't know what you have done but my phone is working now. It just rang and I looked at it for a few seconds forgetting what it was for lol.

Thank you for all your help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Ok I have reconnected. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi @alcalavicci

You can reconnect the equipment now , ill let yo know what the next step is. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

now please, ill post back when you can reconnect wont take long

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Yes I can remove all equipment if you want. When would you like me to do it and for how long?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi @alcalavicci

Are you able to remove all equipment from the master socket and let me know ASAP so we can run 1 last test. 

Appreciate that could cause some inconvenience.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for getting back to me. I have sent you a message with times and days on.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi alcalavicci

Line test has picked up a fault, I can see that there is a fault already with our network team.

If the next step is that our network team need access times and dates to arrange an engineer, can you read and understand the following Engineer charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.

Then if you can send me via a Private message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks

0 Likes