Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No dial tone, no service and Talk Talk customer chats - Bring The Madness

2 REPLIES 2
Bobby781
First Timer

Friday 8'th: no dial tone since last Friday, a week ago. Cannot make or receive calls. phone rings in, but just crackle. If I phone landline from mobile, when I answer the landline I hear a faint ringtone in the crackle, and the mobile keeps on ringing. So many calls to customer service, so many online chats. I know the script by heart now, and have written out this blurb so I can just copy and paste it I'm using it so much. First few online chats were inturrupted by a customer survey after which the chats were dropped automatically. Some chats and the techy couldn't access the test system to test my line. When the line test was done it was reported as working normally. Oh, so I'm doing all this for a joke am I. Some sort of perverse hobby. Yes, that's right, the line is fine and I''m just killing time on customer service. Well no actually. The phone doesn't work. Have you got that yet? back to the chats. I was given a 4-6pm timeslot for a tech call back to conduct tests on the second to last one. No call back came. On the last one I was told the call back would be "pushed through" this time, you know, on account of the other one not happening. Now I did specify the call back was a call back to my mobile, via a telephone call, not messaging using data, because I don't have data, and all my limited credit is now gone: entirely to Talk Talk customer service lines. I'm poor, and can't afford any more, hence the nature of call back required. Imagine my joy when I did actually get the call back in today's 4-6pm slot, only to find it in the form of a text message, featuring the by now infamous, "what is your full name and number". Well I didn't reply because this was right back to square one, and anyway I have no credit. So here we are. No landline and scratchy patchy internet a whole week later and many pounds the poorer. Needless to say I am counting the months till I'm out of contract, and in the meantime look forward to once again using the Talk Talk service app to tell me that my fault is being investigated but further tests need to be done with my assistance so could I please call...well you already know all that. I tried another known good phone. I've taken the front off the Master Socket and tried the service socket. I've checked all wiring and interconnects. I've id'd the type of master socket and relayed that information. I've given a precise, and intimately detailed report of the fault, many many times, and am still at square 1, with no landline, no dial tone, no hint of what the cause is, and zero indication of when it might be fixed. Do you think there might be just a remote possibility that the fault lies beyond my master socket. Maybe on the connection box outside on the wall; maybe at the exchange. Here's a funny thing, which incidentally I have reported in one of my many many cosy online chats to Talk Talk tech: when the line went down it was raining. I mean really raining. Torrential. All day. Relentlessly. The harder it rained, the more crackly the line got. At this point I did actually receive one call, all those days ago, but the voice was lost in crackle. Now would this suggest to you that maybe, just maybe, an inspection by an engineer might be in order, rather than a pre set series of questions from a call centre thousands of miles away. I heean call me old fashioned but I seem to remember that back in the good old days when firms took pride in their products and services in order to satisfy and retain customers, then if your, let's say telly went kaput, an engineer would come round the house to fix it, rather than just phone you up to ask your name and number as it was reckoned in those days that just doing that would actually fix the fault. Do you remember that. Do you?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Bobby781

Line tests have detected a fault. 

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Wednesday for an update

Regards