Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline, all steps completed, need engineer

Bluegreen
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I have done all of the steps suggested and have no dial tone on my landline. There seems to be no option to request an engineer visit except for by leaving a message here, so that's what I am doing. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Bluegreen

I have checked for an update and this fault is still under investigation with the Openreach line engineers.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 15

Staff will not be on here over the weekend. 

You would need to contact 03451 720088 between 9am and 6pm Saturday or Chat, any day after 9am, @Bluegreen.

Phone helplines don't operate except for sales or accessibility support on Sundays. 

If in doubt about the phone call on Monday morning, it might be worth having a plan B ready.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Thank you Chris. Who should I contact if I haven't heard anything by close of business tomorrow, please? I have an important call I need my landline for on Monday morning. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Bluegreen,

Thanks for correcting the details. Line test is picking up a potential problem so I've logged this out to Openreach as a non-appointed task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 15

@Bluegreen, only you and staff have access to your community profile details, so they will let you know if anything needs to be done differently!

The community is completely separate from the My Account log in system, which is why you need to have the landline number in there as the way staff link to your account.

Any future problems, it should be easy enough for staff to identify you - there are advantages in having things kept separately when it comes to security etc.

Staff will be back on here in the morning. 

Should you ever need to contact Talktalk directly, the main service number is 03451 720088.

Use the "what are you looking for?" search box for problem solving generally - it's a useful resource. 

Plug in "chat" and it will come up with a result for that, plus details of opening hours etc.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Done, the mobile number I have given is the best one to contact me on at this time, however it differs from that listed in your records. If this is an issue for identification, please alert me ASAP

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 15

@Bluegreen, the main contact must be the landline number for staff to identify your account. Alternative should be the mobile. SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hello, 

I think I was missing a digit, but I am confused as to whether I should be adding in my contact mobile number, or the landline number which is attached to my account. I have added my contact number as main number, and the landline attached to my account as an alt customer number. This is feeling like a lot of steps now just to inform talktalk that my landline is not working and that I need an engineer. Every time I come here I seem to have to login first to my talktalk account and then separately to this community account, and frankly I am not in the least interested in having badges, I just want to be provided with the service that I am paying for. I am having to rearrange important home appointments that are dependent on a working landline at the moment, so I would appreciate an appointment with an engineer ASAP, please. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 15

Hi Bluegreen,

Can you please take a look at the telephone number that you've entered in your community profile as it doesn't appear to be a valid number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Done

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Done. If login and navigation of this site was more intuitive- a notification alert with "comments", for example, and not having had to create a separate login for this forum than for my account initially, which then was not needed to login here today, strangely, then I would have been able to more easily see that I had had a reply!

Of course, ideal would be that one could login and then have a chat support function from an employee, to avoid all of this being necessary, or even a contact number for the service provider, like in the old days. But I eagerly await news. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 15

@Bluegreen, please follow up on this thread.

I'll remove the duplicate. 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes