Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No dial tone on landline.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I have no dial tone on my landline and can`t make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls.

I`ve tried my neighbors phone at my house and and still no tone when connecting straight

to master socket but my phone works at my neighbours.

I have working internet connection albeit slow at 27.1 instead of 46.2Mb minimum guaranteed speed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

an expert in being an expert.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Welshy, welcome to the community, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I've raised the fault to Openreach for initial investigation as tests are showing an earth fault on the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

UPDATE.

I am now getting an intermittent dial tone instead of constant dial tone 

and can make outgoing calls from the landline but can`t receive calls at all.

when a call is made to my landline you hear the "ring" on the calling phone but the

receiving phone (my land line phone ) does not " ring ".

The problem is not completely fixed as per text message received saying that it is.

I still need help and so thank you in advance.

PS connection is still below the guaranteed minimum line speed of 46.2 Mb and is 27.1Mb.

Highlighted

Hi welshy6666

The fault ticket advises that BT are still working on the fault, we will be able to get an update in 24 hours. 

Regards

Highlighted
Popular Poster

UPDATE.

Fault is now fixed with landline working normally.

Many Thanks

Highlighted