Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No dial tone on landline

23 REPLIES 23
marzutek
Popular Poster

Hi We haven’t had a dial tone since beginning of December 2019. On 16 of December I contacted via chat and I reported it. The line hasn’t been repaired so again on 1st of January I contacted with your engineer Marcel via your chat to report that my phone line doesn’t work. Your engineer confirmed the fault but he couldn’t fix it. He told us he our case has been escalated and your engineer will repair our line within maximum 72 hours. We been waiting for your engineer  3 weeks now. On 14th of January I decided to make a formal complain ( Question Reference #:200114-000593 ) but I haven't received any reply . On Sunday  again spoke via chat with Agnes , she couldn't find a fault ticket in the system and she  assigned  my case to Tech Support Outbound. I gave her my mobile number and she booked a call from Tech support for me to run the tests, Somebody had to call me yesterday ( on Monday) between 6-8pm. I only wasted my time the time because nobody didn't call me from Support Team. 

I don't have dial tone on my landline and can't make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls.

I've tried connecting straight to the master socket but still there is information "please check phone line".When I try to use the phone I hear silence 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @marzutek welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. Please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account (even though it is not working properly)

The team here are excellent and you should have a quick resolution.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
marzutek
Popular Poster

Thank you for your reply. I've added my landline phone number to my profile

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi  marzutek

I will run some tests and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi @marzutek

Tests have detected a fault tin the exchange.

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Thursday for an update

Regards

marzutek
Popular Poster

Thank you for your help

Pop4ever
Conversation Starter
Same here, mine died exactly a week ago and still down now. As soon as it’s fixed I’m outta here. The awful treatment I’ve received over the past week is totally unacceptable. Good luck with yours x
OCE_Michelle

Hi Pop4ever,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Pop4ever
Conversation Starter

Hello OCE_Michelle, thank you very much. However my problem has at long last been resolved today. I went onto online chat with Openreach yesterday & they were so helpful, engineer came this morning & it’s fixed:-) Had to use mobile to go online since 14 Jan. All good now though, thank you x

OCE_Arne

Hi @marzutek

Line tests are now passing, can you confirm that the dialtone has returned.

Thanks. 

marzutek
Popular Poster

The dial tone  returned yesterday.Thank you for your help

Pop4ever
Conversation Starter
Snap, mine also returned yesterday😁
marzutek
Popular Poster

I would like to ask about amount of compensation. I spoke with your Manager of complain department and she offered me £14.05 of compensation for almost two months of lack of service ( faulty phone line) . I would like to find out how the compensation has been calculated. I've just checked on Ofcom website that amount of compensation  for each calendar day would be  £8. 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

OCE_Arne

Hi @marzutek

If you are eligible for Auto Compensation you will receive and Email or SMS upto 30 days after the fault has been closed as resolved. 

We would advise that you wait that amount of time, If you haven't received anything post back and we can check

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

marzutek
Popular Poster

From 16.12.2019 to 22.01.2020 I didn't have a dial tone on my landline. I couldn't make and receive any calls.On 24 of January 2020 I spoke with your Manager Jack from Faulty Management Team and my fault was logged on 02.02.2020. Today has been thirtieth day since my fault has been logged and I haven't received my auto compensation. 

Pop4ever
Conversation Starter

Good luck, hope it gets resolved. I’m in the same boat, lost line 14th Jan, fixed 22nd Jan, so it’s more than 30 days for me. Hopefully compensation will be on my next bill, hmmmm! However OCE_Chris has been very helpful & if it’s not on my next Bill I’m to let him know. What would we do without these great people on here? Keep us posted x

marzutek
Popular Poster

I've just spoken via chat and your advisor Thobisiwe offered me £18.11 for 38 days total loss of service. Sorry but it is for not acceptable. Talk Talk company is trying to cheat me!!!!!  This is against   industry's automatic compensation scheme!! I should receive £8 per day.

marzutek
Popular Poster

I have just made a formal complain

Pop4ever
Conversation Starter

Hi marzutek, you are 100% right! That’s disgraceful, and legally wrong definitely. You are right it should be £8 a day! Outrageous. Glad you’ve made a complaint x

OCE_Debbie

Hi marzutek

Apologies for this.

The complaints manager will look into this further for you.

Thanks

Debbie