cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No dial tone or ability to make calls by elderly parents in their 80's

Mothafunka
Chatterbox

My parents are in their 80's and so highly vulnerable and they have been able to receive calls but unable to dial out.  They paid their bill Friday, one day late.

Every attempt I make to call Talk Talk customer service results in the same automated message saying this service is cancelled - impossible to actually speak to anybody.

I managed to connect via Talk Talk Live Chat and after being bounced around to 5 agents one in technical support told me that as it was an old account, the line was owned by BT and they needed to fix... so 90 mins waiting in a queue for BT and I was informed that there is no fault and as my parents can receive calls this would also indicate that there is no fault - more likely that a restriction has been placed on the account by Talk Talk.  

I have been trying to resolve this for my elderly parents who are isolated with no means at all to contact anybody for help all day and still have not made progress.  I just need someone at TalkTalk to check and see if a restriction has been put on their account and if it has to lift it as they have paid their bill.  It is really  not on to leave elderly, vulnerable customers with no means of communicating with the outside world at such a worrying time

Ailish Murphy