Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

PhilG
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

I was talking to the support team online but got disconnected and now cannot join the chat service.

So my Internet seems OK but I have no dial tone on my landline. It was working OK this morning.

The agent I was chatting to advised there was a fault on my phone line. I tried calling my home phone from my mobile, mobile acted like it was calling but my landline did not ring.

I got up to connecting my line into the test socket when my 4G decided to disconnect (poor signal where I live), so unsure what was next in the process.

I have also tried switching everything off at the plug socket and turning it back on about 30 seconds later. No luck.

Still no dial tone on my phone - is anybody able to help? Is it the line or my hand set?

Many thanks,

Phil.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Phil,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Michelle,

Apologies for not confirming sooner but my landline does now have a dial tone. Seems it was sorted all of its own accord.

Thank you for checking anyway!

Phil.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 8

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry for the delay and to hear this. I've run a test on the line which is clear. Can I just confirm, are you still experiencing no dial tone at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

PhilG
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 8

Thanks - will try to use somebody else's phone if I can to test it, though not 100% confident I will be able to!

I will also try the online chat again this morning.

Phil.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

For staff to follow this up for you, @simp-s, it's very important that you start your own thread. 

Forum staff will only reply to the original poster. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Also, add your Talktalk landline phone number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

You can try Chat after 9am or the phone number I mentioned above. 

Scroll down on this page for the link to Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

simp-s
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

I have exactly the same problem, no ring tone on the landline so can’t make outgoing or answer in coming calls.  I happened to be stood in front of the phone and for a second I could see someone was calling as their number flashed up, but when I picked up the handset the call didn’t connect.  I’ve called the landline from my mobile and it rings out but the landline doesn’t ring.  I’ve changed the cable from the phone to line wall socket but it made no difference.  The internet is working fine, but I need to get the landline sorted urgently as my mum is serious I’ll in hospital and I need the phone to be working!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

If possible, try another handset, @PhilG

Borrow one from a neighbour....?

Chat is available again from 9am. 

Phone help also opens at 9am, if you want to speak to them from your mobile:

03451 720046

Staff on the forum might not reach this thread for a couple of days or so. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes