Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialling tone on landline. Unable to make and receive calls. Internet fine. Need OCE help please.

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I have no dialling tone on my landline and am unable to make and receive calls. However, the internet connection is fine.

I would appreciate it if one of the OCEs could look into this for me please and get back to me.

Many thanks

Kev.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 10

Hi Karl

I had tried that yes, but it didn't work! However, just tried again now and it has sent, so PM should be with you.

Thanks

Kev.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi

There is a limit to stop flooding the community with PM's but certainly not that low.

Have you logged out and back in to see if that will work?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 10

Hi Karl

I have tried to reply to the PM you sent me this morning in relation to this incident. However, it won't let me send it as it says I have exceeded the number of PMs sent! This is odd as I have only sent 1 today! 

Is there a limit on the number of PMs that I can send? If yes, could you send me another PM please to let me know when this limit has been removed so that I can reply to you!

Many thanks

Kev.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Theambler,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

@Theambler, staff are away now until Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris

I have replied to your PM with some questions. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

kev.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Theambler,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I still had no dialling tone again today so located the master test socket in the main socket as you advised. I plugged the phone into the master test socket and got a dialling tone! I then plugged the phone back into the "normal" main socket and still had a dialling tone.

However, there is now a strange tone when I receive incoming calls. It is now a beeping sound rather than the normal tone. It beeps a couple of times and then no tone at all. I have borrowed a neighbour's landline phone and exactly the same issue, so not an issue with my handset. There is obviously still an issue that needs looking into.

(1) Why would the ringing tone start working again after plugging into master phone socket and then back into the "normal" phone socket?

(2) Please could you escalate this issue to Openreach for further investigation and keep me abreast of developments and timescales as to when the issue will be resolved.

Many thanks

Kev.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Do you still have no dial tone at the moment? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes