Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming call ringtone

neil72iow
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

We have had no ringer on incoming calls since we signed up to talktalk.

After testing the master socket, trying different hand sets etc we were told originally there was a known fault and we should be sorted by the end of April, its now June!!!

Anybody ringing shows up as withheld so cannot even call back missed calls when we spot them.

Can Anybody advise from here as its pointless paying for a one way landline service.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @neil72iow

Engineer booked for Thursday 10th June AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

I'll Drop you a PM to confirm some details to allow me to book an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9
Yes please as I can't find another solution
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

Would you like to progress towards an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thank you for your help. You have described the problem perfectly and as an aside, despite requesting it, we have no caller I'd, so every call shows as withheld.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Can I also just confirm the following, if you call the line from a mobile and pick up the phone even though the phone doesn't ring, does the call connect ok? Can you make outbound calls ok? Was one of the handsets tested a corded phone? When the phone was tested at the test socket, was all other equipment including the router removed from the line?

If all testing has been completed then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you would like to go ahead with this then please let us know and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

0 Likes

neil72iow
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Morning Michelle 

Yes it does, it was tested using the test socket when we first reported the issue on live chat and again when we changed handsets.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes