Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline & slow fibre broadband

CPS76
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I have two problems which started on 26/11/21: I am unable to make or receive telephone calls.  There is no dial tone and if I call my number, it rings on the connecting phone (suggesting no faults, to the caller) but doesn't ring on my receiving landline phone; it then disconnects.  My second problem is that my fibre broadband speeds are extremely slow.  I usually achieve speeds of 36Mbps to 38Mbps (download), I am currently getting 5Mbps to 7Mbps.  I did a test of the line using the TalkTalk website (27/11/21) and a fault was found so an engineer is being assigned to fix it.  This was supposed to be done in 2-3 working days, that was 6 working days ago and my account still says, "Finding you an engineer".  

I have tried TalkTalk webchat but I kept being disconnected and then I had to explain my problem to a completely different agent again.  As you may guess this was extremely frustrating and time consuming and I still don't know when an engineer is going to fix the fault.  I would also like to add that I have tried different broadband microfilters and plugged my router & phone into the master socket and this made no difference.

Please can you find out when an engineer will be fixing the fault?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Openreach have been in contact with me today (11/12/21).  They have found a break in the cable under the street; this has been repaired and my landline is now working.  My fibre broadband speed is also back to normal.  My cases can now be changed to resolved and this thread closed. 🙂

0 Likes

CPS76
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 9

Hi Chris, can you check for an update?

I haven’t been contacted by Openreach and my landline still isn’t working and there’s no improvement to my broadband speeds ☹️

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi CPS76,

There appears to have been a problem with the original fault ticket so I've raised this again to Openreach as a non-appointed task, this means that Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home.

If you don't hear anything by Friday please bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Chris

Message 5 of 9

Thank you for looking into this for me.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

OK thanks, I'll take a look at it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Chris

No one from Openreach has been in contact with me.  I have also started experiencing problems with my internet disconnecting, it varies how often it is 🙁

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi CPS76,

This does appear to have been raised to Openreach last week, has anyone from Openreach been in touch at all over the last few days?

Chris

0 Likes