Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No landline for 2 weeks

4 REPLIES 4
Whitins
Chatterbox

I have no landline but internet is ok. Returned from holiday to a dead phone so not sure how long the line had been down in total. Spoke on online chat every other day for two weeks each time told there was an "outage" and engineers are working to resolve the problem. Then today while on online chat was told there was "an outage due to planned engineering work". If this is true, why wasn't I forewarned that I would have no landline. I now don't know what to believe. have also been told twice  that a manager would call me. To date, no call!

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Whitins

I'll log this over to networks and see if this can be picked up by openreach for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi @Whitins

This has been picked up for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Whitins
Chatterbox

thank you so much Karl for picking this up. Engineers have now fixed. Don't know what would have happened without you, online chat at talktalk were absolutely useless and did nothing. So thanks once again