Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline for 3 weeks!

Maggiesmurf
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

On 1st of July I discovered I had no dialing tone, so could not make or recieve calls. I tried on numerous occasions through talking to advisors on the talktalk help chatto resove the problem without success.

I knew what the problem was as it has happened to me before, I was turned off at the exchange.

I tried over and over and over again but no one would listen. All the advisors did the same thing, tested the line and said there was no problem.

I tried phoning on three seperate occassions but could not speak to a human being only various messages saying they were aware of the problem. Eventually they sent an engineer on 21st of July, I was switch back on and all is well. In the meantime last week my bill was paid by direct debit the full amount! Surley this can not be right, I have paid for a service that I certainly did not recieve.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Maggiesmurf,

if you need any assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

@Maggiesmurf 

Look at the AUTOMATIC COMPENSATION article (type that in the search box at the top of the page)

It is only paid once the fault is resolved and the actual number of days without service is known.

0 Likes