Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline/internet

jdm1982
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

We lost our landline and therefore internet on Friday 26th November during the storm. On Saturday morning I did a connection test and it came back track fault. I received an email that openreach would fix the fault within 2 to 3 working days. I was told via webchat that the problem was at the exchange when I contacted them to find out how much longer. O have been trying to speak to someone but when I call customer services when I input my home phone number I just get a recorded message that I will be informed when it is fixed. 

jdm1982
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jdm1982

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jdm1982
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 6

Have run usual tests as per instructions on webchat. Dug out my old router and broadband now working fine so looks like fault is with my router. Is is possible for you to arrange for a new one to be sent please? 

jdm1982
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test again now and this is still clear. Does your main socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

jdm1982
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 6

Morning Michelle. Our landline is now working but our broadband has gone off again. Done a test and it comes back as no issues. But have no internet.

jdm1982
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Is the voice service/internet connection ok at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes