cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No landline no internet - on behalf of elderly parents (vulnerable)

4 REPLIES 4
Dabber1
First Timer

My parents have no landline or internet again. They had this problem before and apparently it was an outside issue, this is the second time in three weeks. My mum has pulmonary fibrosis and is on oxygen, they are quarantined. There services have been down since 10am on Friday. They have reported it but nothing is being done. How can they get help please. They are feeling very alone, frustrated and vunerable

Dabber1
First Timer

Finally managed to get through on online chat. 72 hours until they think it can be fixed. Ah well.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Dabber1 

I've escalated to the Talk Talk team.

So long as Openreach are on the case and know they're working for particularly vulnerable customers that's good.

Just so the team here can update you please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

Then scroll down to Private notes to add your parent's name address and TalkTalk landline and any mobile number with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate their registered TalkTalk details and see what's happening to resolve the issue.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

SocialTeamEmma
TalkTalk Social Team

Hi Dabber1,

I've sent a private message to confirm a couple of details so I can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

SocialTeamEmma
TalkTalk Social Team

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone telephone enquiry password if you have one

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution