Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No landline

5 REPLIES 5
Shortncurly
First Timer

Hi not had a working land line for a couple of weeks, no dialling tone. Have checked it on the master socket with another corded phone and still no dialling tone.

last week chatted to some person on the chat line and they checked the line but still no dialling tone, internet is working okay though. 

D Bowman
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @Shortncurly 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Shortncurly
First Timer

Many thanks for the help but I managed to get through to Talk Talk using their SMS service and I have an engineer visiting and checking the line hopefully next week.

D Bowman
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Shortncurly

Apologies for the delay.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Shortncurly
First Timer

Hi Debbie

The engineer was out side our house today, I noticed as I was cleaning the inside of the house windows. I thought check the phone and noticed that I now had a ring tone and made a call and was working fine now. Great stuff thanks.

D Bowman
OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff