Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No phone line or internet

7 REPLIES 7
Sophiemay
Chatterbox

Hello, we've got no phone line or internet. We've checked our set up and everything is fine it just suddenly went off. We've got vulnerable relatives we need to ring, I'm a teacher so need internet access ASAP to work from home and now my son is unable to do any of his school work without the internet. We need this sorted ASAP. Thanks

Sophiemay
Chatterbox

I'm a teacher trying to work from home and I've had no internet or landline since midday yesterday. We've checked all the set up and it's all fine inside the house meaning there's a fault outside. I really need internet in order to teach my class as well as my son being able to access his online school work.

My partner is a firefighter and with the ever changing situation is waiting on some very important phone calls which we now can't recieve.

We really need this sorted quickly. Tried ringing talktalk/twitter/facebook no replies or lines closed.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Sophiemay 

Escalated to TalkTalk for attention.

I can't make or receive calls

Have you confirmed there's no dial tone on the line? Checked at the Master socket and hidden test socket if there is one?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Sophiemay
Chatterbox

All checked, no dial tone on the phone either.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Sophiemay 

Okey dokey. The team will report this to Openreach.  Openreach are prioritising repair work.

Sophiemay
Chatterbox

Brilliant thank you. Will openreach or talktalk get in contact with us? do we just wait and see if they manage to fix it.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Sophiemay 

There are TalkTalk team members working extra hours today for Community and they may be able to get you an update. Fingers crossed.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sophiemay

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've completed a line test which is now clear. Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie