Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone

Weevie
Enlightened One
Message 25 of 25

Is it possible for a check up to be carried out on someone elses phone line ?

My Mother-in-Law, who lives 150 miles away from me – reported a fault last Friday

But nothing has been done yet

She and her husband are in their late 80’s and in ill health – so REQUIRE a working phone

I obviously don’t want to post her contact details on the forum

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

@Weevie  u get sorted in the end just need to take ur part in getting the issue logged asap

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi

Glad to hear the problem has been found and repaired.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 3 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk 

They are finally reconnected after over two weeks

Evidently a normal test showed that they were still connected

but it was just by a single strand of wire - the line had virtually been disconnected

The BT engineer sorted it - this morning !!

Message 4 of 25

Hi

Vulnerable customers can inform us, and they are registered and flagged so that faults can be prioritised by us / BT Openreach.

When we look at a line, if a test fails with a clear and present fault, then we can log this to Openreach for a non appointed engineer.  If however all line tests are clear, BT will ask that an appointment is made and the customer accepts in full, their Terms and Conditions for the engineer visit.

This is their agreed process across the industry and is regulated by Ofcom.

We would need to communicate directly with the account holder to agree a suitable date & time for a visit from the engineer.  If the customer does not have a working connection, they can contact us via a mobile if they have one, or, if they have good neighbours, could give a call from a neighbours phone.  A family member could pop round and assist with this also, there are many options that could be explored.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 5 of 25

Yes - what about having some simple way of registering as VULNERABLE CUSTOMER and getting PRIORITY TREATMENT ?

I don't see any way at present to register - wuthout having a degree in minefield clearance - because that is what you have to have at the moment

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 6 of 25

@ferguson  thanks for that. That is why I have raised it to oce karl for next week to look at the thread.  

As other customers @Weevie can try and help others out where they can. 

That's also a way this fourm was carried on from beta stage all these years ago.

Over the years I and others have had help on faults or issues. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hey @Weevie I am sure your intentions are helpful, but look at the facts of this case.

First, you are not the customer, nor nearby.

Second, you were correctly advised that in the circumstance there may be limits as to what can be done because of customer security.

Third, OCE Karl did have a look, but there appeared to be no obvious external fault, which he could have escalated had there been one. 

So you you were duly advised of best steps that the customer, or those in a close position to help, could take to progress the issue.

As @hosay299 asked, I wonder what else could realistically, or reasonably be done in this particular thread? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

@hosay299 

As Customers - we don't have to follow any rules

As long as we don't break the law - of course

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk what's up with the person as they seem to be not happy with a simple information provided by me and u

How else @Weevie can they report a issue as main qick way to contact talktalk.??

Got a idea??? That talktalk could look into. 

Talktalk use BT optec company network. So talktalk do not own all of the network. Only part. 

It works both ways as talktalk can not take fully responsible for a issue depends on the fault that causing the issue.

Faults happen so u have to deal with it and follow the company rules and policies.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

@hosay299 

@Karl-TalkTalk 

"I am not the only one saying call or live chat

So is oce karl has said the same"

I repeat - "live chat" with no internet connection

"Call" - with no phone line

HOW ?

"It is also the account holder responsible for it works both way"

What woirks "both ways"

Are you trying to blame a 91 year old for a phone failure or what ?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Update :

BT Openreach were informed of the fault a week ago

They failed to turn up a week ago - and then the same again on Monday - missed appointments

These are elderly vunerable adults who REQUIRE a working phone

What compensation are they entitled to - and who pays it - TT or BT ?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

@cb750f2 

Don't be silly...... How??? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

It is also the account holder responsible for it works both way

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

@Weevie @Karl-TalkTalk  I am not the only one saying call or live chat 

So is oce karl has said the same 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

@hosay299 They don't have a mobile

They still have a dial phone !!

It will be on TT's heads if something happens and they are unable to call an ambulance !

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

@cb750f2 

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Thank you - come on OCE - Please help us

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

@Weevie I do not know but was offering advice on the issue

Could use a negbours phone or friend 

That lives near them 

Talktalk do send out text messages to update you so they might have a mobile.

Or their person they can trust. 

0 Likes

cb750f2
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 25

@Weevie  I understand your predicament, I am trying to help my sister - no phone since 19/12/19. Best of luck and a Happy New Year

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk

How would they call anyone - or use "live chat" without a working phone line ?

They are an elderly couple who, I very much doubt would know what live chat is anyway

I understand that their son is trying to help them - but is not getting anywhere - hence my involvement !

Is it worth my emailing CEO ?

Message 20 of 25

@hosay299 

"No but Yes type 50/50 as u would need there permission to have access to their account on there behalf.

why do they not contact Talktalkt chase it after 48 hrs also if they have actual required like a home assistance system or something like that then they need to make talktalk aware of it as they will be put on a top priority.

The team on here are good at helping but they need the account holders approval for things like u are asking due to laws like data protection and gdpr.

I would ask them to call talktalk and ask to speak with a manager on it as if they do not keep chasing over a 72hrs then they might close the case.

do they have a mobile as talktalk would send call to that while there phone is done.

also tt would send text to them on it. like up-dates or asking them to contact talktalk

if need u can post their contact details if the OCE ask in ur profile in a private section as only u and staff on here will see it

or they may ask for a private message sent to the oce if they can help.

i would try calling talktalk if u could try chat as the team on here are part on hols so do not know when u would get a full reply.

what is it no dail tone ????"

Your suggestion that they phone Talktalk and speak to a manager - HOW ?

Think about what you are asking,,,,,,, !!!

These are elderly people who do not understand technology and simply require a working phone line !!!

How would a TXT help - no mobile phone !