Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No t Getting Calls from Withheld Numbers

Freddysunshine
Popular Poster
Message 29 of 29

Help please, we don't get withheld number calls. We want to reverse it. I don't know what's happened, but we're anxious as calls could be from hospital, official organisation etc.

• A few weeks ago, don't remember exactly when, we started getting calls on caller id saying "Unidentified Caller”. The phone would ring, then no one at the end of the phone. This no “longer happens, just a complete block.

• Prior to that we used to get calls saying “witheld” which I really would like back because we could at least talk to them.

• A couple of weeks ago, we didn't have any phone or internet service from Saturday – Tuesday. For some reason, once service reinstated I rang our landline using 141, and couldn't hear the message, but the call didn't get through at all (barred).

• My hubby re-set the phone back to factory settings

• I unsubscribed to “Telephone Preference Service”.

• I don't use “Call Safe”

• Then spoke toTalkTalk tech, very thorough, but neither he nor his colleagues could work out a reason.

• I tried #227#, which didn't work.

I hope someone can help? Thank You!

Freddy
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Our Network Team have advised that this fault has now been resolved.

Just to confirm, can you now receive all incoming calls ok?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Our Network Team have advised that they will be contacting you today in regards to this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Sorry for the delay.

The call yesterday was a test call from our Network Team. They are still working on this fault at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Update - Hi Debbie, Had a call a couple of minutes ago 14.14 approx saying "Call from a private number". When I answered I wasn't able to hear them. 

I've also tried with my mobile, but it didn't ring, just said it wasn't available.

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Thank you Debbie, appreciated.

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Apologies that this fault is still ongoing. I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi Debbie,

Just tried, and still not getting withheld numbers. Thank You!

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Thank you, can you still not receive calls from withheld numbers?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi Debbie,

Just looked. Last caller barring was ticked. I've unticked that and updated it. 

Anonymous caller reject not ticked.

Thank You!

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. If you log into your My Account and click on manage my services, what services does it show as active? Does it show Last Caller Barring or Selective Call Rejection or Anonymous Call Reject?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi Debbie, No we haven't got "choose to refuse" . I can't see where to look for that, but your colleugue I actually spoke to on the phone initially checked, and nothing like that is on. Thanks

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Can I just check, do you have Choose To Refuse showing activated in My Account?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Thanks for testing this.

I have asked our Network Team for an update and I will post back here as soon as I receive additional information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Hi Debbie, I've just tried unplugging phone and it's the same message "can't get through".  I've tried with a new phone Panasonic KX-TGE720 and it's still not working. 3 phones now tried. Would really appreciate TalkTalks help. Thank you!

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

After plugging in 2 different phones, I've ordered a new phone which is coming today. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to see if it's made a difference.

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still looking into this and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Debbie

Message 17 of 29

Hi Debbie, Our handset  is Gigaset A550A. It's only recently there's been a problem, obviously can't pinpoint exact date. We also checked it with another phone, and still the same result. The colleague I spoke to the other day, also tried phoning our landline to no avail. Here's hoping. Fingers crossed you can sort this out. Thanks!

Freddy

Message 18 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Would it be possible to unplug your home phone from the line and then try and ring your line from your mobile? (to see if you receive the same error message or if you receive the ringtone on the mobile end)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Your colleague that I actually spoke to on the phone when I reported it, tried phoning us from a mobile, and that failed. We're using mobiles. Motorola and I-phone. My hubby tried today, and still failed. I can't see anything on Google to help, hence think this is my last hope. Thanks

Freddy
0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Hi Freddysunshine

Our Network Team have checked and there are no reasons showing as to why you can't receive calls from withheld numbers.

Can I just check which phone/handset you are using?

Thanks

0 Likes