Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

GEOBEL
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I am having a problem that seems to be raised time and again and have been forced to raise a complaint with talktalk.  I tried the online chat facility and wasted a lot of time before being cut off by the member of talktalk team. Despite them having my mobile number they never called back.  I have been promised a call from an Engineer on two occasions but have never had the call and no reason or apology given.  I am at the end of my tether now. I get email from talktalk that my complaint has been acknowledged with a reference number - I reply to the talktalk email and I get an auto message telling me that replies are not being monitored!!  What sort of organisation and customer service is this I ask??  It's as though talktalk are trying to make it as difficult as possible for me to have this issue resolved.

When a call comes in the phone displays "line busy" but does not ring and

there is no response when I lift the handset. I have tried the phone on another line and it works perfectly so I am convinced that there is a fault with the landline somewhere - perhaps at the exchange - perhaps the voltage is weak - my broadband service is OK.

If this is happening to my landline, then it must be happening to hundreds of talktalk customers across the UK so why do talktalk not recognise the problem instead of trying to convince me there is problem with my phones?

Check out this previous article:

I am a subscriber to Which? and fully recognise the abysmal customer service ratings in the latest issue.

Any assistance will be welcome.

PS - complaint reference is CMP-88500

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi GEOBEL,

Thanks for confirming this. If a different phone works ok then this would suggest a possible issue with the handset, however it's strange that the same handset works on a different line. What is the make and model of the handset that no longer works?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Yes the Openreach engineer had a large test phone - i can only assume that he was able to receive inbound calls.  Yes I have a different phone which is presently connected and it does receive inbound calls successfully.  However when my original phone is used at my son's address on another phone line it works perfectly so this to me suggests that there is a problem either with my phone line or my exchange.  Please advise.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi GEOBEL,

Can I just confirm, did the engineer test with a different phone at your property and was able to receive inbound calls ok? Do you have a different phone that you could connect for a short period just to test this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi - personal details now updated.  An Openreach engineer called at the house yesterday and was unable to fix the problem.  He insisted that it must be the Panasonic phone set.  But he was unable to explain why the same phone set works perfectly on my son's landline so I still believe that it is a fault at the exchange as explained in an earlier post, the link to which was included in my first post on this site - see post 9 of 12 which describes exactly the same problem as I am experiencing with the solution being some adjustment at the exchange.  Your help would be appreciated in resolving this. regards Geobel.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi GEOBEL

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes