Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

DouglasM
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I'm having what seems to be a repeat of a problem I had last year (see the thread 'Phone not receiving calls', started 07/08/20): my landline phone is not receiving incoming calls. When I call it from my mobile phone, it doesn't ring and the call is immediately cut off. I've tried again with another phone plugged into my test socket, with the same result. I can still make outgoing calls.

Can someone investigate, please?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the issue is now resolved, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

DouglasM
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 13

Just for information, the problem now seems to be resolved.

I had visits from Openreach engineers on the 2nd and 3rd of this month, and was told that some people would have to come to dig a hole in the pavement outside my house to fix the problem. Everything then went quiet until the 16th, when some men arrived and started digging. The next day, there was some more digging and then an engineer came to the door to tell me he had repaired a junction in the cable and the phone line should now be working. I did a test by calling my landline number from my mobile and it worked! Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping things continue to work.

Two small gripes: (1) No one told me how long I would have to wait for the digging team to come once the engineer had identified that there was a fault in the buried cable. (2) On one occasion the Openreach engineer turned up unannounced (with no text or email to warn me), needing access to my house to do tests. Fixing the problem might have been delayed further if I hadn't been in at that moment.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13
0 Likes

DouglasM
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 13

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for booking the engineer.

Douglas

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Douglas,

I've booked the engineer for August 02 2021,AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Douglas,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

DouglasM
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 13

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for doing the test. Yes, please, could you arrange for an engineer to visit.

Douglas

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Line test is still showing a loop fault so the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

OK I'll run the test again now

0 Likes

DouglasM
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 13

Hi Chris,

I'm just about to disconnect my phone and router from the test socket as requested (I can't post here while disconnected). I'll check the forum again in an hour or so.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi DouglasM,

Line test is showing a potential loop fault, could you disconnect your phone and router from the test socket and let me know when you've done this, I'll then run the test again

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes