Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving incoming calls

Paulsteed
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I have just been called on my mobile by my mother to tell me my landline is not working. Checked the handset and have a dial tone. Made a phone call and all ok. Called my landline from my mobile and..... yup - nothing. Just a bissing sound.

So I know the socket is workiong as Broadband is fine and I can make calls. Just no one can reach me... 

I have run a service check and apparently everything is working in my area. Umm... I think not.

I'm in the BH22 area if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Thanks

Paul
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

OK, let me know when you test with another splitter and we can follow up.

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Karl

I have cordless handsets. I have not touched sockets for weeks and weeks now. It was working fine and just stopped. I have just checked again and it appears to be working. Looks intermittent though - not sure if it is a line splitter i have in the socket. I will get another and see if the problem goes away.

thanks

Paul
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Paul

Tests are showing a loop fault within the property.

Can you test another phone handset directly at the 'Test Socket' to rule out a handset or wiring issue and let me know if this still fails.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Paulsteed your post has been escalated and you should hear back tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.