Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old 'Pulse Tone' phone functions but not through the DSL adaptor, why ?

Obiw4n
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

If I plug my old pulse tone phone into the wall socket directly its fine and I can make & receive calls, but inserting the phone into the DSL adaptor renders it useless, why is this ?

The old phone I have is from 1926, a BT 150 Candlestick telephone with accompanying Bell-Set and the socket on the wall was installed by TalkTalk which has the words : "Master Socket 5C" upon the case, please advise and thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Obiw4n

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you, I'll try another phone in the adaptor, cheers

Message 3 of 6

Hi

If you plug a modern handset into the adapter, does that work ok.  This will help test the adapter also. If all is fine, I can only speculate that the older phone is not compatible with the more modern technology.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 6

Yes, it was created in 1926, but by 2025 I will have to install a "Rotatone" device into the Bell-Set or wand but at the moment I have to unplug the DSL adaptor and then plug the phone directly into the the wall socket for it to function correctly.

Over.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Are you serious?

0 Likes