Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ongoing Call Divert Issue

26 REPLIES 26
Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi, I have been having problems getting Call Divert to work for some months now and despite spending endless hours on the phone to TT support, I dont seem to be getting any further.

Symptoms are:

Call Divert function is included and active on my landline account (this has been set on/off and refreshed a number of times).

When I use my landline handset to try to setup a divert from landline to a mobile, the process appears to work, in that the system responds by telling me that "...all calls will be diverted to 07445xxxxx..." but it does not divert any calls (my landline always rings).

If I interogate the system using the landline handset check status function it responds by confirming"...all calls will divert to 07445xxxxx...".

I have tried diverting to other mobile numbers and other call divert options (ie all calls to instant divert or wait 20 seconds) but same result.

I did get through to one really helpfull tech guy many weeks ago who was able to set the divert function himself internally and it did work, however he was stumped when we went through the setup together using my handset controls and it confirmed the divert was active ....but all calls were still going to my landline.

Problem is that whenever I call up to see if anything is being done, the issue is logged as closed and I have to start again at ground zero and spend hours going through the endless tick box check lists. This always results in confirming I have a fault, it will be escalated.

Nothing happens, .....I call again etc etc.

Any clues on a way forward?

Mike

(member of the bring back Talk2Go App Club)

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Call divert is showing as active in at our end. 

I'll pass this to our network team to investigate. 

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi Arne,

Any news from the Network Team?

Thanks

OCE_Arne

I'll chase them up and get back to you, An overnight card reset was carried out on the 30th.

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi Arne,

Latest News,

(1) No calls have been diverted to the mobile number activated, all calls still going to landline.

(2) Just checked status of Call Divert, this = Call divert is cancelled ..presume result of the Card Reset?

(3) So I Set Call Divert to mobile number xxxx.

(4) Then I checked call divert status, this = All calls will be diverted to mobile xxxx.

(5) Then I used a different mobile to ring my landline which rang (ie No Divert to mobile xxxx).

So situation is the same as it has been for the last few months.

Please advise on next move?

OCE_Arne

Hi 

Thanks for retesting.  we will need to send an engineer to the exchange to switch the physical port. 

Ill let you know when its confirmed.

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Thanks Arne,

For info, I will leave divert settings as is (ie theoretically set to divert to mobile) until I hear from someone.

Mike

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi Arne,

Any update on this .......landline still ringing with divert set?

OCE_Arne

Hi Mikemmb

Sorry for the delay, Looks like the engineer wasn't booked,  So ill ask the network team to try again. 

OCE_Arne
Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi Arne,

Sorry for delay in replying, been away, but no calls have been diverted since last posting.

Today I have just tested the following:

1. Checked call divert status using landline handset = All calls will be diverted to mobile xxxx.

2. Cancelled call divert using landline handset.

3. Checked call divert status  = Call divert cancelled.

4. Set call divert to = all calls to divert to mobile xxxx.

5. Checked call divert status = All calls will be diverted to mobile xxxx.

6. Dialed landline number using another mobile = landline rang .....mobile didn't.

So no change, its still broke!

It may be a coincidence, but our internet speed and reliability does seem even worse than normal in the last week or so?

Mike

OCE_Arne

Hi 

Thanks, We will request a 2nd lift and shift, I have to advise that if this doesn't fix it, there isn't anything further we can do for the divert service as unfortunately its not a guaranteed service. 

Your Sync speed is showing as 25mbps, just short of your maximum speed for your line, it wouldnt have an effect on a select service if there was fault. 

Ill let you know when the Lift and Shift is booked.

Thanks

Mikemmb
Chat Champion
"……...there isn't anything further we can do for the divert service as unfortunately its not a guaranteed service."

How much more of the "Service" which you advertise that you will supply, and which you state on your website is included in the package, and which I pay for is "....not a guaranteed service"?

Is this a universal get out for everything you say you will supply?

OCE_Arne

The select services are free and optional , I appreciate that its not what you want to hear, and i understand your frustration, hopefully the next work carried out will resolve the problem. 

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Yes I am frustrated.

I have been well and truly shafted a number of times by TalkTalk in the last year and this will be yet another example of TalkTalk reneging on what I foolishly assumed was an agreed deal!

Unfortunately for the customer, sticking to the agreed deal and paying for the duration of the contract is not "Free and Optional" and is a "Guaranteed Service"!

OCE_Arne
Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi sorry for the delay in getting back, been away for a few days.

But no calls have been diverted to the mobile during that time.

However the overall situation appears worse/different!

I have just gone through the process of setting, checking and cancelling call diverts a number of times and the response is now inconsistant.

Sometimes the process responds to the commands (ie the automated voice confirms the set, check, cancel diverts) and sometimes I get no response at all (it just responds with a dial tone).

However we are now getting our normal landline calls just dropping off after a few minutes and the line goes dead (both on the main and cordless handsets).

"Ending" the call and redialing reconnects the call ....for a short time.

Mike

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi, latest update on the landline issues.

(a) So far today no further issues of any calls dropping off after a few minutes.

(b) The process of setting up, checking and cancelling call diverts now seems consistant.

So suspect whatever caused both those issues was related and is fixed or gone away?

I have left the landline set on permanent imediate (21) divert to the mobile.

Sadly however, calls are still not actually being diverted to the mobile, the landline still rings.

Mike

Mikemmb
Chat Champion

Hi,

Just read the following in another Call Divert Issues thread.

"....The issue was caused by Talk2Go being active on my account even though the service has been discontinued by TalkTalk ages ago. Removed it and call divert is now working ."

I certainly had Talk2Go active in my account?

Mike