Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach Engineer visit enquiry

CPF123
Participant
Message 27 of 27

Had an Openreach engineer visit yesterday as we have no home phone, turns out a connector has come away outside our home which needs reconnecting. The engineer could not do this yesterday (he was trying for over 2 hours!) so we are still without a landline (which means no alarm system) and slow broadband

He said that another engineer would coming today to fix but I have no way of confirming this as I can't contact Openreach directly. Could someone please enquire, we have been without a landline for 5 days now and slow broadband for a week, as we both work from home this is not something that can continue for much longer

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi CPF123

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 2 of 27

Yes, all sorted and no further issues. Thank you for your help 🙂

Message 3 of 27

Hi CPF123

Has the line/connection been working ok since the engineer visit?

Message 4 of 27

Hi

The fault was live on the openreach system but waiting for an appointment to be confirmed.  I've Now confirmed the appointment for tomorrow morning 8am-1pm.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 5 of 27

Can someone please check my ticket and see if Openreach have confirmed an engineer for tomorrow morning. After speaking to your the support today (where, whilst helpful, they didn't seem to have on record any details of my ongoing issue) we arranged for an engineer. Openreach have just text asking me to confirm but also gave me a link so I could troubleshoot. 

Once reaching the end of this trouble shooting the message I got was that Openreach don't provide the voice service on our line but also that they believe that you don't actually provide a voice service on my line and that I need to speak to you for further advice. I now have no idea if an engineer is coming tomorrow or now

Has now been three weeks with no landline and slow broadband, the path in front of my house and my drive have been dug up and work has been done but still nothing has been sorted. Any help is appreciated in this this, we work from home so is vital we have a fully working broadband

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

CPF123,

Thanks for the update. If you don't hear anything this morning please let us know and we'll try to arrange an appointment

Chris

0 Likes

CPF123
Participant
Message 7 of 27

Ok update, still no landline and slow broadband, engineers did come dig up road but apparently that isn’t the problem so they need to do work in the house

We have been on holiday through all this and the only reason I know the above is because an engineer texted me today to ask when we would be in, unfortunately I was in a Greek airport about to board but did text back

I said we would be in all day tomorrow but he wasn’t working but, I think he has tried to get someone else out, unfortunately it looks like BT tried to call me three times whilst I was in the sky so currently have no idea what’s happening or what work needs to be done

Have tried to arrange a new appt using the function in the TalkTalk website but the calendar isn’t showing any available dates

Hopefully an engineer will at least call me tomorrow to see when we can sort this, has been over 2 weeks now (I did say to the original engineer (I think we have had 4 now) that we would be away this week and he said that would be fine)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi CPF123,

There have been no further updates so we'll check again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Morning,

We'll check again on Monday for any additional updates on this for you.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

I did mention to the engineer I spoke to last week that we wouldn’t be around in the days next week. He said that was OK as all the work was done outside and no one needed to be home

Hope that is still the case.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Thank you Debbie, appreciate the updates 😊

Message 13 of 27

Hi CPF123

Openreach have advised that the duct work should start around 07/06.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Message 14 of 27

Hi CPF123

I've checked for an update and this fault is still with Openreach awaiting work to be completed.

I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Hi CPF123

Haha no 🙂 That fix would definitely not last very long 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Ha, misread that and thought you said "duct tape" is also required! 😁

Message 17 of 27

Hi CPF123

Openreach have now updated the fault ticket to advise that a complex network solution is required to complete the job, duct work is also required.

I will continue to monitor the fault for additional updates.

Message 18 of 27

Ahhh OK, just confused by what the engineer told me, oh well

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 19 of 27

@CPF123 Future Fibre has absolutely nothing to do with your repair as it does not use your the phone cable.

If you opt for FF a new, real fibre optic cable, will be connected to your property along with a termination box (ONT) in your home and possibly a new router.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

No worries, not your fault and thank you for your help and clarification, hopefully will get done soon, plus I will be future proofed for full fibre!

0 Likes