Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls issue for several days

VinnyNaz
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Incoming calls are OK.

On Sunday 14-Nov I could not make any outgoing calls - get dial tone, dial the digits, then constant high-pitched tone. Helpdesk ran tests said all OK from their perspective and are sending an engineer.

On Monday 15-Nov I could dial some numbers but not others - the numbers I could and couldn't dial were repeatable i.e. wasn't random.

Then I tried my mum again and instead of a getting the constant high-pitched tone I received 'the number you are trying to call is not available". Tried her again 10 minutes later and got through!!!!!!!!

I have spoken with the helpdesk twice and their conclusion on both occasions is the need for an engineer visit. I mentioned the similar reports of my symptoms by others but it falls on deaf ears.

I have cancelled the engineer visit. This is cannot be a hardware fault. There is something not right with the Talk Talk telephone network and the routing of calls.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Thanks for the update. If it does happen again then please let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks

0 Likes

VinnyNaz
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 5

All now appears OK, with no change whatsoever at my end ... honest!

At least I know that based on the other threads,  there was some sort of TalkTalk Network routing issue.

I will post here again, should the issue raise its ugly head again.

0 Likes

VinnyNaz
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 5

I really cannot tell. In this case I was trying to call my Doctor's Surgery, 029 20 xxx

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, does it seem to be related to a specific provider or network?

Thanks

0 Likes