cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

People on SKY phone lines cannot get through to us on our Talk Talk phone line ?

ANSWERED
38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Participant

We used to have SKY broadband and phone line but switched some time ago to Talk Talk but since then everyone on SKY has been unable to get through to us by phone - I have spoken to SKY and Talk Talk who both advise it is nothing they have done - people ringing us from SKY phone lines say they get a message advising our phone no is not available ? has anyone else experinced this/know how to get this resolved ? 

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi Brian

That's Sky retaining your number on their directory look-up database as being on the Sky network and not showing the number as ported to TalkTalk's network. It needs the TalkTalk Network people to talk to their opposite numbers in Sky.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name address and current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and pass it to Networks for fixing.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks Gondola I have added the details to my profile so hopefully the OCE can/will sort it out for me and friends and family on SKY will be able to ring me again

BrianD27

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Participant

How do I get this escalated to OCE level ?

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Brian

I alerted the TalkTalk Community Team (OCE's) yesterday. Just waiting on confirmation that the issue has been actioned by the Network team.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

Good morning Gondola and tahnk you for escalating the issue for me

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @BrianD27

Can you give us an example of a number that is trying to call you, if you can add it to the private notes section in your community profile so we can see whats happening. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

O.K. Arne - I have added the details of soemone who tried toi get through to us yesterday from their SKY phone No - Hope you can get this fixed for us !!

Brian Dewison
Highlighted

Hi BrianD27

By any chance did you move from Sky to TalkTalk taking your number with you? 

We thought it could be a porting issue, but we can see you receiving other calls from other networks. 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Arne,

I can confirm we did move from SKY to Talk Talk and brought our number with us - this has been an ongoing issue for some time that we have just lived with - It was only recently when another friend advised that they could not get through after recently switching to SKY themselves that has prompted us to try to get it resolved - we have no issues recieving calls from other networks which leads us to believe it is in some way linked to something SKY has not done (as mentioned in a previous post from Gondola) ''That's Sky retaining your number on their directory look-up database as being on the Sky network and not showing the number as ported to TalkTalk's network. It needs the TalkTalk Network people to talk to their opposite numbers in Sky''. 

Brian Dewison
Highlighted

The porting is correct on our side,  Sadly we cant contact Sky and ask them to update the database.,  Best option is to explain to them that none of their customers can call you, as they have still got your number registered. they have a Live chat option if you select make a complaint on  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky they should be able to sort this out. 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Arne,

I spoke to SKY as you suggested but as I am no longer a SKY customer they said they could not act on my request and that it would have to come from one of the SKY customers who had been effected - I got one of my relatives who only switched to SKY very recently to speak to them - They explained to SKY how they had been able to get through to us from their BT line for years without issue but since switching to SKY were now unable to - SKY 'checked at their end' and advised 'everything was in order' and the fault and responsibility to fix is with Talk Talk and that the account holder with Talk Talk (me) should speak to Talk Talk to get the issue resolved.

Is it not possible for someone technical at TalkTalk to speak to someone technical at SKY to try to get this resolved ?

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Highlighted
Participant

OK Thanks Arne

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Highlighted
Participant

Hi Arne,

We just had someone who has only recently switched to SKY from BT (and who up to that point had always been able to get through to our Talk Talk land line from their BT land line), to ring our number from theirs (obscured for customer security) and they still get an error message advising our number (obscured for customer security), does not exist (or some similar message) - They then tried from their mobile and got through without any problem so there still appears to be an issue with people on SKY network getting through to our Talk Talk network

I personally think it must be something SKY have not done correctly when transferring our number from SKY to Talk Talk but they do not seem to want to accept any liability for this or put it right (so that their customers can benefit from it and they make income from getting the call through them instead of their customers having to use their mobiles to get through to us) 

We have no problem getting through to them from our landline so im my mind this further proves it to be a fault on their side

Did your technical people speak to theirs or did you just reset things from your side ? as I think it is going to take someone in authority to tell them they must have something wrong before they will act on it

I appreciate everything you have done so far in trying to get this put right and do hope there is a resolution to it 

Brian Dewison
Highlighted

Hi BrianD27

This is the transcript of the interaction with the BT porting team: 

------------------

18/09/2018 07:32:59

Service Desk

Good Morning I have escalated to SKY to confirm that the DN was ported to TT and will monitor for response and update accordingly kind regards jayne

19/09/2018 08:32:36

Service Desk

SKY have confirmed this is removed from their network and archived any remaining data. BT have also confirmed this is ported to TT. Can you please retest. Thanks SW - Provisioning Engineer

------------------

So, im not sure where to go from here really. 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Arne,

I don't think you can do anymore and once again thank you for all you have tried to do to correct the issue - We will just have to keep asking people who cannot get through to us to badger SKY in the hope that they eventually do recognise there is a fault and mange to lift the block that is prohibiting people from getting through to us from their network  

N.B. I notice I have inadvetently given my phone number and the phone number of one of our friends on this forum- is ther a way you can remove these numbers ?

Brian Dewison
Highlighted

Hi 

Ok no problem. 

Are they the numbers in your private notes?  or on a thread?  

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Arne,

Looks like those that I had inoput in the thread have been obscured now - I have checked through the rest of the thread and there are no more showing there + I did add them to my private notes early on to assit you to investigate

Thank again + although disappointed you were unable to get this issue resolved I do appreciate you trying

Brian Dewison