cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

People on SKY phone lines cannot get through to us on our Talk Talk phone line ?

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi BrianD27

One of the stars has edited them out.  

Sorry we couldn't get to the bottom of this.

Regards

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Brian

Numbers obscured, no worries.

As for the number porting it's good that BT have got their lookup already showing the number as ported to TalkTalk.  It may not be an instant change on the Sky number lookup so my instinct says to wait a day or two and then ask your friends on the Sky network to try to call you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Gondola,

Thanks again for your input with this - I think in your last post you probably meant SKY and not Virgin Media - I will do as you suggest and ask our friends/family members to try again in a few days and if nothing changes will just have to accept it is not likley to get resolved - I will send a message to let you know !!

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Brian. 

Sorry, yes Sky Network. Post amended. I'd certainly like to see a positive outcome for you.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Gondola,

We got some friends and family who are on the SKY network to try to call us on our Talk Talk network over the weekend to see if the 'fault' had been rectified but unfortunately they got the same error message advising 'this number does not exist' 

When reading the transcript from SKY it says 'this is removed from their network' and it would appear that it truly has bene removed from their network as no one on SKY can get through to us any more !!

Could you ask Arne to feed this back to SW - Provisioning Engineer so they are aware that the issue did not get resolved despite all their good work

Thanks again to all for trying  

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Brian

I've re-escalated to the TalkTalk Community Team.  I've again asked if it's possible for Networks to talk to their opposite numbers in Sky to get your 'phone number onto Sky's database as being ported to TalkTalk so that the correct call routeing is possible.

Have your friends contacted Sky customer service team on 03300 413 019 (free for Sky Mobile and Sky Talk customers) and one or more using the free complaints tool Resolver.

It may be worthwhile for the Sky customers dropping the CEO of Sky an email: Jeremy Darroch (Details as published in the Telegraph Newspaper) - one internal note from him to get the problem sorted for them would get the call routeing fixed, I'm sure.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Gondola,

The number I was given by SKY for customers to contact to report this issue was 0800 151 2747 and this is the number I have advised to our friends/family - I will pass on the adidtional details you have provided and hopefully we can eventually get this issue resolved - also thanks again for raising  the profile within Talk Talk - you are truly a community STAR 

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star

...The 0800 number is good. It's the standard Sky Customer Service number.  It just depends on whether the Sky Customer Service agents have been given a briefing on how to handle this particular issue. I'd probably guess that as it's not a regular problem it would have to be escalated. 

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Highlighted

Hi 

The only option i have is to raise this to our CEO office. I'll do this today. 

Regards

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Arne,

As a result of one of our friends on SKY escalating this to a senoir level in SKY I received a call from SKY advising me that as far as they are concerning the fault is due to Talk Talk not having opened a 'port' to allow Sky calls to get through it !! and that 1 way to check this is for one of our friends to try to call us again and I advise you of the time the call was made and the number called from so Talk Talk you can then 'trace' it through the network connections 

Brian Dewison
Highlighted

Thanks @BrianD27  I Dont know how we can trace a call that doesn't actually make it to our network, but send me the information on a Private message when you get it. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Brian

I'm still following this with much interest.  If Sky are correct then you'd think that all incoming calls from Sky's network to TalkTalk would never be terminated (terminated means connected and reaching their destination on TalkTalk's network).  I think there would be significant Sky customers complaining. 

Did Sky's management call your landline number from a Sky landline?  Their call obviously got through so if it was from a landline the network interconnect and number porting is working.

TalkTalk may have a specific block inadvertently applied to your friend's number. Maybe a scam protection block.  Before they call you, check their number on Check & Report?  Just to see if it's reported as blocked on the TalkTalk network. 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Gondola,

SKY actually rang me on my mobile and also sent me an e-mail (quoting my old account number) following my conversation with them about this issue today (so they must still have all my old membership data on file) - They did also ring my home number when I first raised this issue with them and they spoke to my wife so as you say they they had no problem getting through although they rang from an 0800 number so maybe not the same problem as ringing from a landline ? 

I just did a check & report on 3 numbers that have had an issue getting through to us and no fault is reporting on them

I have also had a call this afternoon from Talk Talk and after discussing what SKY had said they are going to do some more tests/checks on the porting aspect of things and get back to me tomorrow

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Participant

Gondola/Arne,

Talk Talk rang back this morning to advise that they spoke to SKY & BT and established that SKY had 'left over data fill left on the line' which they have now cleared .

I got a relative on SKY to try to ring our Talk Talk line this morning and they got a ringing tone !!

I wil get a few more on SKY to try to ring us tonight to see if we can actually speak to them/if the line is cleared and let you know tomorrow - but sounds good !! 

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Brian

Fingers still crossed that Sky Networks do get their database correctly updated with your number showing as ported to TalkTalk. 

But I have absolutely no idea what "left over data fill left on the line" means!  The old Sky number routeing data maybe?

Highlighted
Highlighted
Participant

Arne/Gondola,

I can confirm that we successfully received a phone call last night on our Talk Talk phone line  from one of our family members who is has a SKY phone line !!

Other friends and family on SKY have advised they will try to get through to us at the weekend and I have no doubts that they will also succeed  

Many thanks to you both for your continued support and involvement during this process which has helped to achieve this result   

Brian Dewison
Highlighted
Community Star

....Brilliant result Brian.

I think it was your own determination not to be upset by the 'system' that won through in the end.

Smile and enjoy.

Highlighted