Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Silent and poor broadband speed connection

Rodders53
Participant
Message 5 of 5

Reported fault on Monday 21st (ref REP-11124009).  {Noticed line was silent on Friday morning, but was going on a weekend break so had no time to check/report it then.}

Silence (no crackling, hum or hiss).  Call my number from mobile and just rings out,  Tried master socket with faceplate removed: same.  So reported it via chat.

BB normally connects at around 32-34Mbit/s (router figures) currently at 13.4Mbit/s.  Upload connection similarly reduced.  But your system claims to have got 25Mbit/s at midnight last and the night before!  Remarkable since my uptime is 1d 18h49m15s as I write.

Speedchecker chart shows 13Mbit/s since Saturday.  Friday was on 24Mbit/s (my min guarantee) and 34 Mbit/s for Wed/Thurs.

I'd just like some feedback on progress (or lack of ) on this fault being investigated and fixed, please.

Thanks

Rod

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Rodders53
Participant
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for progressing this for me,  The fault was finally investigated and fixed, between 1000 and 1115 this morning.

Connected at 32.4 Mbit/s down and 6.3 up;  which is about normal for here.

Openreach sub-contractors were in our Lane provisioning for full fibre on Friday.  Which removes one Planning obstacle for the Developers who want to build even more houses at the start of the lane.

FYI I've had zero SMS texts oe E-mails about this fault (except notifications from the Community forum).  Other faults - due to mains issues at the FTTC cabinet in the past few months, were received OK and provided some comfort.

Obviously reporting things via Chat is not the way to do it.  (It was also rather hard work cf on here).

Thanks again though!   

Rod

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rod,

Line test is failing so I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if  they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Rodders53 your post has been escalated and you should hear back shortly. Hope they get you sorted quickly.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes