Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line disconnected

bearpeje
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 9

This Morning, for over an hour, my Phone line had a 'Two Tone' sound rather than the normal, and at the same time, I could not make or receive calls, and obviously my Internet connection failed.

I was able to use a friends' Internet to search for answers, but here is where things went from Bad to Worse ?
All efforts to locate a single UK Phone Number to report my issue to TalkTalk failed, as did any attempt to access TalkTalk Live Chat 😞
Similarly, there appears to be, no simple way to get somebody to check my Phone Line, or Report the Fault ?

Can somebody at TalkTalk, please make a Phone Number available, for people, who have lost Internet access due to their Home Phone Line going down, to report the Problem ?

Thanks
Pete

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Agreed 🙂
And with easy access, Offline ?

You'll be amazed how many searches, for 'Failed Phone Connection' Instruct you to use this or that Website !!!!
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

@Chris-TalkTalk  and colleagues, I agree, there should be a PINNED post with all the relevant contact methods and numbers.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your suggestion Pete, apologies for any inconvenience. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Chris,
Perhaps it would be useful to put the Contact Number Provided by martswain below, on your emails notifying a New Monthly Bill ?

If you go searching for Contact Numbers, like I did on a friend's computer - unable to log in to my account - Every search result tells you to use Internet, and No Telephone Numbers come up ?

Regards
Pete
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Glad to hear it's OK now. It appears to have been a problem affecting your exchange (and a couple of other in the area)

Chris

Message 6 of 9

Yes, back working now Thanks, Chris 🙂

Was this a BT Fault, or does the odd Phone Tone suggest a different issue ?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Pete,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Your service should be up and running now, is everything OK at your end?

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

0345 172 0046