Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Working

Greecian
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

Good Morning

My phone will not receive incoming calls from TT numbers and will not allow me to make outgoing calls. Incoming calls from mobiles are OK. I have removed the plate from the master socket and connected an analog phone with the same result. I have reported to fault on 08704441820 and although the fault reported was for the phone, the reply text received stated that my broadband was working (I KNOW THAT) and NO mention of the phone not working. I tried to report the fault again and TT's robot said TT were closed. The 'Live Chat' is also not working.

A relative, also a TT customer, has the same fault.

I have been trying for more than TWO hours trying to get Talk Talk's robots to accept that there is a fault with their phone system and I have run out of  options. Are there any real people at TT?

We really shouldn't have to try to get faults fixed via a forum.

As 80 year old pensioners with health issues, we need our telephone as a lifeline.

I have had enough, we can do without all this aggro wihich revolves around TT's inability to provide effective real people support for their customers. They need to remember that it's the customer that pays their wages/dividends. We have been customers of TT for many years but at our contract's end I will be considering my options....Cheapest is not always the best.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

loop fault still showing, next option is to arrange an engineer.

I'll drop you a PM with the details to confirm.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I disconnected per your message and reconnected after 10 minutes. Any result?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Can you remove all equipment from the socket and let me know when done so I can retest before we log this for an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Greecian
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 10

I have now reconnected

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

A line test is showing a loop fault close to the premises.  Can you open the test socket and remove all equipment connected to it and reply back when done so I can retest again with nothing connected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I have already tried this, I have disconnected our phone system and connected an old analog phone direct to the test socket.with the same result. The fault is outside of our property. A  relative with TT is having exactley the same problems.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Greecian

Would it be possible to connect the phone only at the test socket just for testing purposes to see if the fault is still present in this set up? 

I can also run a line with just the phone connected.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I'm now having problems replying to you....The phone is not connected via the master socke, my broadband won't work if it is.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Greecian

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property. Is the phone still at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes