Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone (and Broadband) not working when it RAINS - common problem.

mark holland
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Obviously i have to report this using my mobile phone.

TalkTalk cannot sort this out because when they run a line test it shows no fault - because it goes to the network answering-machine (1571).

I have checked on the master socket.

Phone varies from a bit crackly, to so crackly that a call is not viable (and broadband is unuseable), to being silent with no dial tone and no calls can be made.

Apparently it is a common problem (this forum and talking to other customers) but it cannot be sorted as TalkTalk cannot detect it ... so cannot report it to Openreach.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which is detecting a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does the main socket have a test socket?

Just to confirm, have you tested with 2 different phones directly at the test socket when this happens? If there is still no dial tone in this set up then then next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property to investigate further.

Thanks

0 Likes

mark holland
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 5

bot comes back instantly asking for the same thing.  just an excuse to go around in circles.

0 Likes

mark holland
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 5

i have done everything asked - profile very hard to use and save - no alt number as no mobile phone signal at home.

still no contact from the bots.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi mark,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes