Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone faults can be life-threatening

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sightseer

Around 1 am Wed morning my father went to his kitchen for a drink and unfortunately tripped and fell heavily, breaking his femur. He was able to reach one of the many wireless phones which are around the house, but the landline had failed. I only got there in person in the early evening. I found him lying naked on the floor where he had been for 17 hours. He is 93, but I am glad to say remarkably robust for his age.

After he had been taken to hospital, I checked the phone system, and found there was no dial tone or internet signal at the master socket. The scary thing is that lots of old people have monitoring systems (eg Carelink) which are completely reliant on a working phone system to keep them safe.

Having got home I did my best to report the fault through TalkTalk's automated system, since I couldn't get a human. I am not a TalkTalk customer. It asked me to key in the phone number to test, but it didn't read it back to me to check so I am not sure it took the number correctly. It also asked me for a number to send a text to, this time it did read it back to me, and I did receive a text message later to say an engineer would come within 2 working days. But how do I check the engineer is going to the right place ?!

My father had a successful operation on his leg this morning, and is expected to be out in 6 days. We really need the phone system and internet back by then.

Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry to hear this.

I have escalated this for you and can you please complete your profile and add your parent's details, including their phone number in the private notes field so the OCE can trace their account (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info).
Thank you

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted
Sightseer
Thanks for escalating! I have already entered those details.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @hat-s

I'm really sorry to hear this.  I've looked into this and can see the fault has already been logged to BT Openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES