Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line fault again (worse than last time) + Question

Cutie
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Again my phone line is dead, this happened last year although it's slightly different this time, last time there was some life, this time it's completely dead, no dial tone, no outgoing or incoming calls, when I call from my mobile it goes directly to voicemail, internet is fine though.

My question is, can something be sorted from here again like last time please? I had terrible trouble last time going through online chat and got nowhere, all tests have been done to rule out any problems with phones, cables and the socket faceplate this end.

Details of the last issue and trouble faced when trying to sort it via chat here... https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-Fault-and-Confusion-over-TalkTalk-Response/m...

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 7

Hi Karl. many thanks for logging it with Openreach, it's appreciated. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Openreach are showing an outage affecting your line. I've logged a fault report to Openreach so we can track this fault and Openreach can investigate.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 7

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your reply. That is correct, I have done the necessary checks and there's nothing, also goes to voicemail when I try to call from a mobile almost like the line is constantly open/in use.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is there no dial tone at the test socket with 2 different handsets and with all other equipment removed from the line? As soon as confirm this then we can pass this over to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Staff are not here at weekends, @Cutie.

If it's complete loss of service, you need to ring them or log it with Chat today.

If you can call from a mobile:

03451 720046 or 03451 720088 (closed Sunday).

Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes