Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing in the house

Phil651
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

My landline phone does not ring in the house. If I call the phone ( for example from my mobile) I can hear it ringing but nothing from the landline in the house ! I can make out going calls and I have no problems with my broadband. I have reported it numerous times on the chat but I have no idea whether the fault is being investigated and if there is any progress on rectifying it. My elderly mother in law lives in America and has been unable to call and speak to us, so it is a great inconvenience.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Phil

Yes of course. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thank you, will you arrange for an engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Phil

Thanks for your reply. 

If the fault is still present with 2 different phones at the test socket then next step will be an engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I tried with another phone, but still no ringing in the house! Our current phone was bought to replace a previous phone because we thought the 'no ringing' was a fault with the handset! Obviously not!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Phil

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Phil

Thank you. If the fault is still present with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

I'm borrowing a handset from a friend as I don't have a second phone. I'll post here when I have tried what you suggest.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Phil

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Have you tested with a different phone at the test socket?

Thanks

Phil651
First Timer
Message 9 of 12

I have updated personal information in my profile.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 12

Try another handset.

Make sure the ringer is actually set to ON

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi,

I have removed your duplicate post to avoid confusion.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes