Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone not working, but internet working fine

ANSWERED
2 REPLIES 2
zaphodikus
Whizz Kid

For about 6 weeks, no telephone, we were away for a few days, had a load of home renovation, then had a power outage and a storm, so I assumed the telephone was damaged and after trying to diagnose the fault as if the cause was the home renovation work, because we moved stuff, (we unplugged the phone and the bit from the internet master jack to the phone point is not the origional box, I personally extended it about 7 meters, so I bought a new phone. It had to be the phone because the internet is working fine! Wasted a lot of time trying to self diagnose. I now have a spare cordless phone 😕

Short story, I buy a new phone, plug it in, and have to call support because it did NOT work, the fault was not on my property, and a day later they have a tech fix it. I should have asked for a line test before wasting time trying to fix it myself. Hope this helps the next person.

I occasionally try help others, I suggest: Power down modem for 2 minutes. Go to your community profile and add your phone number, relax. Nobody can see it. Do not bump your thread, the support queue here is bottom-up.
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have passed this over to the OCEs for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi zaphodikus

Sorry that you had problems, 

If you had posted on here we could have started the line test, One of the diagnosis steps would have been to try a different corded handset, although we probably wouldn't have advised you to go to the trouble of purchasing a new one. 

At least you now have a spare should any issues occur again 🙂