Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone number unexpected change

7 REPLIES 7
StuSki74
Popular Poster

Unexpectedly our home landline number has changed.

We’ve had the number for nearly 20 years, at least 15 of the with talktalk.

Recently BT Openreach have been working for 2 weeks night and day at the local cabinet.  Obviously some major works were required and our seems to have changed after this.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @StuSki74 

Dial 17070 to find out the number that your line is connected to. Openreach will have miswired your line at the street cabinet. You'll need to report that to TalkTalk to get it corrected.

Contact TalkTalk via any method: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/#contactus

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the 'wrong' number read back to you with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and follow up on your report to make sure the line is correctly reconnected.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @StuSki74

I can see that an engineer has been out,

Can you confirm that the fault is now fixed. 

StuSki74
Popular Poster

Hi

Yes, the engineer has looked at this and I have received a text to say that the issue has been resolved.  Unfortunately this is has not been resolved, the phone line is still connected to the wrong circuit.  Nothing has change here and the line still need connecting correctly.

Regards

Stuart

OCE_Arne

@StuSki74

Can you try calling 17070 and add the number that is read back to you, into your private notes section of your community profile. 

Thanks

StuSki74
Popular Poster

Hi

I have already added the incorrect telephone number to my private notes.  Openreach will need to sort this out.

Thanks

OCE_Arne
OCE_Arne

Hi @StuSki74

Openreach have advised our network team have that they need access times and dates to arrange a home engineer visit, can you read and understand the following Engineer charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.

Then if you can send me via a personal message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks