Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone only rings twice!

6 REPLIES 6
rolandsizzers
Chat Champion

Hi,

Have a fault  on my phone line. When someone rings me the handset only rings twice. Have swapped handset and same issue.

Have tested by ringing from mobile. If we answer at home within two rings all is ok. After two rings home phone stops ringing but the caller hears the ring tone continuing until the talk talk answer service takes over. If we pick up the phone during the period when caller hears ringing (rings 3-8) we only hear a dialing tone. Therefore it appears not to be just the ringing that stops but the call cut off.

it seems very odd that we can pick up during an incoming call and dial out!

clearly a fault at the exchange or local box?

we also have intermittent poor internet, however whenever a test is done on that - no fault as been found.

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @rolandsizzers

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi @rolandsizzers

A line test has picked up a fault, So i have logged this to our network team to investigate. 

Will post back when they reply. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi @rolandsizzers

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Wednesday for an update

Regards

rolandsizzers
Chat Champion

First engineer says it a physical fault on line to house. Any update on when this might be fixed?

OCE_Arne
OCE_Arne

Hi rolandsizzers

Line test has picked up another fault, 

So our network team need access times and dates to arrange an engineer, can you read and understand the following Engineer charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.

Then if you can send me via a Private message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks