Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone rings but get static when answered no dial tone can't ring out

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 13

Phone will not receive calls just get static when I answer caller id is correct.  Even though I pick up phone caller still gets ringing.  Tried to make call but no ringing/tone.

Have tried replacing filter and connecting to master socket the old phone used to have illuminated buttons but is dead with no tone,  Internet is OK.  Have tried various phones

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 13

Appears to be working OK now

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Morning,

If you don't hear anymore in the next 24hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 13

Thanks the internet seems a bit on the blink as well.  The engineer said this might happen the last time they fixed it as it's effectively working on one wire

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

I've logged this over to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 13

The fault has come back presumably someone has bust another cable

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

Glad this is now sorted.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 13

Engineer sorted it wire had had snapped off in junction box apparently 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi hughwpearce

The engineer has investigated and located the fault. This fault has now been passed to the local network team for further work. Review date is 13/7/2021.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi hughwpearce

Sorry for the delay.

Openreach have left notes to advise that the line engineer is due to investigate this fault today. We should receive further updates tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Still faulty not heard from openreach

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test has detected a possible external line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. If you don't hear any more over the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes