Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Check the Line Cord

katie1445
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

My phone has been unusable for a month now always giving the above message, I can't make or receive calls. I've checked the line cord, swapped phones (brand new handset) and tested with the main socket, the error remains so it appears to be the line although the broadband is working.

Any suggestions? I'm paying for all inclusive call package that I can't use, and I can't receive calls either although when you dial the number it rings so callers won't realise it's out of action.

I've contacted talktalk via phone and chat many times but they were really unhelpful unfortunately, they keep saying the broadband is working so there's is no issue (but my issue is the landline not the broadband), they sent me a third party link to use with JustAnswer which I had to pay £5 for and wasn't helpful anyway, talktalk aslo requested me to contact BT for the phone issue which I did but BT say I've got to contact my internet service provider which is Talktalk

I'm almost 80 year old and to navigate all this loop with talktalk and receiving this kind of service is not good at all

Cheers

Katie

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Engineer booked for Thursday 5th Aug AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Karl, got your message and left the relevant details

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Katie

Line tests are passing so we will have to arrange an engineer appointment with you.

I'll drop you a PM (Private Message) to confirm some details to allow me to book an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

At face value, that approach from customer services is very odd, @katie1445.

Please wait for forum staff to reach your thread. They respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Please look out for their reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes