Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Line Fault

whingebag
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

The incoming telephone line from the pole to my home is strained.  Where it attaches to my wall it’s pulled the bracket from the wall, it’s only being supported by 2 of the 4 bolts.

I think the issue has been caused by the weight of birds resting on the cable. I need an engineer to attend and re-secure the bracket so it prevents total failure please.

Thanks

Chris 

Chris G.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi whingebag 

If you do experience any issues with the line/connection then please let us know and we will run further line tests.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

Michelle

if your line tests are indicating normal service then there is no need to involve Openreach at this time.

thanks

Whingebag

Chris G.

Message 3 of 8

Hello,

I've just re-run the line tests now to see if they detect any potential faults and they are both still clear at the moment.

If you think that this outside cabling is affecting your connection or voice service then we can book an Openreach engineer visit to the property to investigate, however I would just need to advise that this may or may not be chargeable depending on the engineers investigation.

Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit with you?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Hi and thanks for the Openreach information.

i filled the form out and submitted it to them last night.

I received a text response this morning basically telling me to report it to you.

Regards

Whingebag

C950D104-B1F8-47AC-896D-CB717367064B.jpeg

Chris G.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi @whingebag

Sorry for the delay. 

Because there is no fault with the service we cant log it to Openreach as this would generate a engineer charge. However there is a way that you can report this as damage to the network using the information in this link. https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety 

Hope that helps

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi, there is some noise on the line, slight crackling although the noise is not making it difficult to hear a caller yet.

I’ve attached a couple of photos that show the issue that needs to be repaired.

thanks

Chris

Chris G.
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi @whingebag

Thanks for you post.

Are you experiencing any service issues with the line, Ie noise, crackling etc

0 Likes